Sunday, September 18, 2011

Flagstaff

After working from "home" for the past couple of weeks I have arrived at my new assignment, 2 new start properties in Flagstaff, AZ! The first few days being here were absolutely crazy- we had to set up 2 offices and a model.

This morning I had a few hours to finally drive around and enjoy Flagstaff and the 70 degree sunny day and have not been to Flagstaff since I was about 7 or 8 after one of my family's houseboat trips on Lake Powell. I did not remember the small-town feel and charm that existed just 2 1/2 hours north of where I have lived for the past 5+ years. The weather this time of year is perfect, the people are friendly and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. It's an entirely different world up here.

After driving around for a while I stumbled upon this farmer's market. They offered everything fresh vegetables, fruits, jams, pies, jerkey and many other items to choose from. I asked one of the vendors how often they have the market and he responded, "Every Sunday until it gets too cold" if you make it up to Flagstaff before it's too cold, I suggest you stop by and enjoy this market.
The downtown area is quaint with a large variety of shops, bars and restaurants. I didn't spend too much time there but it seems like I am going to be for a while so I am sure there will be plently of opportunities for that. The Grand Canyon, Sedona, Snowbowl are also on the list of things to do while i'm in the area, if you have any other ideas be sure to send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment